Being the huge NFL fan that I am, one of my favorite events is taking place this weekend in New York, it‚Äôs the 2008 NFL Draft. Not that my opinion really matters or anything, but I thought I would give you my own mock draft predictions for the first 10 picks. The Miami Dolphins have the first overall pick in the draft and they have already selected Michigan offensive tackle Jake Long so that is already in the books.
My prediction (first 10 picks):
1. Miami Dolphins – Jake Long, Offensive Tackle from Michigan
2. St. Louis Rams – Chris Long, Defensive End from Virginia
3 Atlanta Falcons – Glenn Dorsey, Defensive Tackle from LSU
4. New England Patriots (trade with Oakland) – Vernon Gholston, Defensive End from Ohio State
5. Kansas City Chiefs – Ryan Clady, Offensive Tackle from Boise State
6. New York Jets – Matt Ryan, Quarterback from Boston College
7. Oakland Raiders (trade with New England) – Darren McFadden, Running Back from Arkansas
8. Baltimore Ravens – Brandon Albert, Offensive Guard from Virginia
9. Cincinnati Bengals – Sedrick Ellis, Defensive Tackle from USC
10. New Orleans Saints – Leodis McKelvin, Cornerback from Troy
I also could see the Dallas Cowboys trading up into the top 10 since they currently have 2 first round picks (#22 and 28), they need another RB to go along with Marion Barber and could try and get Darren McFadden.
For those who know how big of a Bengals fan I am, no I do not see them trading Chad Johnson (see WTDA OCHO CINCO) for draft picks at all. Stranger things have happened and I could be wrong, but I doubt it.
The draft begins at 3:00pm ET on Saturday, April 26th with rounds 1 and 2 and then rounds 3-7 take place on Sunday the 27th and can be viewed on NFL Network, don‚Äôt miss it!